CBD During Marathon Training and Recovery
Many people understand that marathon preparation takes a lot of hard work and patience. But did you know that CBD can actually help runners to get through the preparation and recovery period with a little bit more ease and confidence? How? Find out in today’s article.
CBD for marathon training
If you have ever wondered about how CBD can influence your marathon training, here, we would like to give you some key points on this topic:
- CBD can help improve your sleep and, therefore, restore your body more effectively after training.
- CBD may provide our body with essential vitamins, minerals and fats that are crucial for muscle growth and bone health. Balanced nutrition will strengthen our bodies and make them less vulnerable to trauma and damage.
- Last but not least, CBD could help you deal with sore muscles as some studies suggest that CBD has potentially analgesic properties and can fight pain and inflammation.
CBD for marathon recovery
It is no surprise that the marathon recovery period is almost as important as the preparation part. Professionals insist on running for at least 30 minutes per day, as well as following a balanced diet and having regular rest. One recent study on CBD related to better sports performance indicates that CBD can promote the healing of various injuries, reduce exercise-related digestive system damage and positively affect cardiovascular function.
Things to consider before taking CBD
However, there are some things you need to keep in mind before taking CBD:
- Despite the various possible benefits of CBD for marathon runners, please don’t forget that more research is needed in order to uncover the true potential of the compound.
- If you are taking CBD for the first time, we kindly recommend you consult your doctor.
- Also, if you are a beginner at CBD, the best option for you may be to start with smaller doses.
Will CBD be screened on drug tests?
Another headache for professional runners is knowing whether CBD will be identified on drug tests for marathons or other races. We have an answer for you. As WADA regulation removed CBD from its Prohibited List in 2018, athletes are allowed to take it. At the same time, the permitted threshold for THC intake was increased 10 times: from 15 nanograms per millilitre to 150. Marry Jane products contain the legal amount of THC and are made with licensed high-quality hemp.
The Covid-19 pandemic is impacting the biggest marathons all around the world. This means that numerous runners will have to keep going with their marathon training until things start opening up again. Hopefully, the situation will get better soon and rescheduled marathons will take place as planned. In this case, equipped with your CBD products, you can be fully prepared to take on these challenges. Keep following our blog for more interesting and informative content, and don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions. Our team of professionals would love to help you.