Everything You Need to Know About CBD Brownies
One of the main reasons CBD products are gaining popularity is that they come in many forms, serve different purposes and have numerous potential benefits. Many people prefer to take CBD orally, which gives them a wonderful opportunity to complement their favourite recipes with it. Thanks to its unique earthy taste, CBD is becoming a secret ingredient that can enrich and add intriguing flavours to many dishes.
Today, we have decided to share our three all-time favourite CBD brownie recipes. You can adapt them to the particular CBD products you’re using, whether it’s CBD oil or CBD isolate. You can also make CBD butter by following one of our simple recipes. This will make the process of incorporating CBD into your chocolate dessert a lot easier. Are you ready? Let’s go for it!
Some things to know about CBD brownies
First of all, let’s make it clear once and for all that CBD brownies and space cakes are not the same thing. Although both are infused with cannabis extracts, CBD brownies contain very low to zero amounts of THC extracts of weed plants, while space cakes are infused with extracts of marijuana plants that are rich in THC. Therefore, you are unlikely to feel a strong high feeling after eating CBD brownies. Plus, if you don’t appreciate the taste of CBD oil, you can infuse your brownies with CBD isolate that has no flavour or psychoactive potency at all. This way, you can get the beneficial effects of CBD while fully enjoying your favourite meals.
How much CBD can I add to CBD brownie?
The CBD dose you choose largely depends on two main factors: The number of servings per brownie and your or your guests’ tolerance. Let’s say you decide to add 10-20 mg per slice because your guests have never tried edibles before or you need this specific amount to complete your daily intake. If your baking mould fits four brownie slices, multiply 10-20 by four to get around a 40-80 mg CBD dose for your entire cake. Serve only one slice per person to avoid side effects from overdosing.
Vegan CBD brownies
Chocolate can be tricky and unpredictable. If you don’t know how to melt it properly, it can easily overheat. You may not even notice it right away, but an unpleasant surprise will await you in the end. This recipe is for those who don’t have time to prepare a water bath or find the perfect temperature. You will need regular cocoa powder, flax seeds to replace the eggs, and very little time. And guess what? It works flawlessly!
- 50 g of flour;
- 30 g of cocoa powder;
- 80 g of coconut oil;
- 10-20 mg of CBD oil, CBD powder or cannabutter;
- 50 ml of soy milk;
- 70 g of sugar;
- 14 g of ground flax seeds;
- 3 tsp. (1.5 g) of salt;
- 1 tsp. (5 g) of vanilla.
- Soak ground flax seeds in 5 tablespoons of water for 5 minutes.
- Mix coconut oil and a CBD ingredient of your choice. Incorporating CBD with fat is essential for optimal absorption.
- Mix all the ingredients, including the flaxseed mixture, and let it stand for 5 minutes.
- Bake in the centre of a preheated oven at 180 °C for 14-17 minutes.
- Let it cool to room temperature for about 10-20 minutes.
Learn to melt chocolate: a water bath or bain marie
Some people who cook with chocolate have asked how they can turn solid chocolate into a smooth substance that is easy to use in cooking and add to their favourite dishes. In this section, we will teach you how to melt chocolate and the most effective ways to do it.
Actually, there are two ways to melt chocolate: in a water bath or bain marie. For both of these methods, the key element is boiling water. We recommend you start with the first method and, if you are not satisfied with the result, switch to the second one. Let’s review both methods in more detail.
Method #1 — Melting chocolate without adding boiling water
All you need is a heat proof bowl containing solid chocolate, a dry cooking spoon or vane, and a pot of simmering water.
- Place the bowl of chocolate in the pot of simmering water. This should be enough to start melting the chocolate because the product is very sensitive to heat and you don’t need to wait for the chocolate to reach 110 to 120 degrees Celsius.
- You should avoid getting any moisture into the chocolate as it will cause the chocolate to seize. In this regard, make sure that all the utensils you are using are moisture-free. We recommend that you avoid using wooden spoons.
- Use clean and dry utensils to gently stir the chocolate until it’s nicely melted and smooth. After a few minutes of stirring, the chocolate will be completely melted and shiny.
- The next step is to remove the chocolate from the heat. It is very important to wipe the underside of the bowl because there is moisture there that you do not want to get in your chocolate.
- When you are melting chocolate, make sure you never cover the bowl as this will cause condensation to drip into the chocolate and make it seize.
And that’s it. You now have a perfectly melted chocolate that you can add wherever you need it. Fortunately, if your chocolate does seize, there is no need to worry as we have an excellent solution for you. It’s time for method number two.
Method #2 — Melting chocolate by adding boiling water
So, you followed all the steps of the first method, but unfortunately, the chocolate has seized. In this case, the second method is for you. All you need is a bowl containing the seized chocolate, a corolla and a pot of boiling water. It can be confusing, but yes, what got you into this mess really does help.
- Take a teaspoon of the boiling water, add it to the bowl with the seized chocolate, and stir with a corolla. Continue stirring until the chocolate becomes silky and thin.
- Repeat as necessary to get a better result. You can add a few more teaspoons of boiling water each time.
- When the chocolate has a lovely silky and shiny texture, you are done. It is perfect for adding to your favourite dessert.
We hope you will find these directions useful and that you won’t throw away your chocolate the next time it seizes. Now, let’s move on to our favourite CBD brownie recipes.
Classic CBD brownies
This classic CBD brownie recipe is perfect for true chocolate lovers and those who like to experiment. Feel free to add your favorite nuts, cinnamon or mix the cannabutter with coconut butter. You might also want to add some ice cream on top of the brownies when serving.
- 250 g of chocolate/chocolate baking chips;
- 1 packet (7.5 g) of vanilla sugar;
- 80 g of sugar;
- 60 g of flour;
- salt to taste;
- 150 g of cannabutter;
- 3 chicken eggs.
- Melt the chocolate (broken into pieces) together with the cannabutter.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs with the sugar until the mixture turns white.
- Add flour, vanilla sugar and chocolate.
- Pour the mixture into a mould lined with baking paper, and bake at 180 °C (thermostat 6) for 15 minutes.
- Put it in the fridge to harden and take it out a few minutes before tasting.
There you go! Bon appetit!
CBD brownies with pecans/walnuts
If you don’t have time to make cannabutter, here is another simple way to infuse your brownies with CBD. All you need is CBD oil or CBD powder (isolate). We wouldn’t recommend using CBD tinctures, as they usually contain additional flavours or essential oils that might not go well with the recipe. When mixing soft butter and a CBD ingredient of your choice, take your time to get a perfectly blended mixture so that the compounds spread evenly throughout the dough and each slice has more or less the same CBD potency.
When choosing the kind of nuts to complement your brownies, keep in mind that walnuts can add a bitter flavour to them. The solution is to roast the walnuts and gently remove the thin skin that causes the bitterness.
- 200 g of chocolate/chocolate baking chips;
- 50 g of flour;
- 80 g of sugar;
- 50 g of pecans/walnuts;
- 150 g of butter;
- 10-20 mg of CBD oil or CBD powder;
- 4 chicken eggs.
- Mix the butter with CBD oil or CBD powder.
- Melt the chocolate with the butter, either in a water bath over low heat or in the microwave on the ‘defrost’ setting.
- When it is completely melted, mix and add sugar, eggs (one by one), flour, and then the lightly chopped pecans.
- Mix well and pour into a 20 cm square mould (lined with baking paper).
- Place in a preheated oven at 180° C for 25 minutes.
- Let it cool for about 10-20 minutes and cut into squares.
Voila! This addition to your delicious dessert is ready!
Don’t forget that it is very important to listen to your body’s needs. If you have a craving for chocolate, then you should definitely enjoy some. Moreover, when consumed in moderation, chocolate can be beneficial for your health. You can play around with different doses of the products in the recipes, but make sure you pay attention to the amount of CBD you add. Follow our blog for more interesting content about CBD and related topics, and check out the hashtag “recipes” to find other ideas for cooking with CBD.