How to Make CBD Hummus?
You may already know that hummus typically contains chickpeas as its main ingredient. As this source says, a single portion of ready-to-eat chickpeas contains 10 grams of protein and about 10 grams of dietary fibre, which is 40% of your minimum daily recommendation. They are also rich in antioxidants and several other key nutrients. With rising interest in a vegan diet, hummus is seen as one of the best sources of plant-based protein. It might often be found in vegan cafes and grocery stores. However, in today’s article, we will not only show you how to make your own plate of hummus but also how to infuse it with CBD.
CBD-infused hummus: what ingredients do we need?
To cook high-quality hummus, please gather the following ingredients:
- 300 g of chickpeas;
- 1-2 tbsp. (18-36 g) of tahini*;
- a clove of garlic;
- a pinch of ground cumin;
- juice of half a lemon;
- 40 ml of olive oil;
- a pinch of smoked paprika (or red chilli pepper);
- CBD ingredient of your choice (oil, tincture, extract or powder).
*tahini is not an easy-to-find ingredient, but you can make it yourself out of sesame seeds, olive oil and salt. Toast sesame seeds for 3-5 minutes, blend them with oil and salt until it forms a smooth paste. Ready!
CBD-infused hummus: directions
When everything is ready, it is time to move on to the instructions. Below, we are going to present you with a step-by-step guide, so don’t hesitate to follow it, especially if you are making CBD hummus for the first time.
- Leave the chickpeas in a sufficient amount of water overnight. It’s better to soak them in a large pot since they are going to double in size.
- The next day, strain and wash the сhickpeas. Boil them in water for about 1-1.5 hours. The chickpeas are ready if you can easily mash them with a spoon or fork.
- Save some of the water used for boiling and strain the chickpeas.
- Mix all the ingredients in a blender in the following order: garlic, chickpeas, water after boiling and cumin. You can adjust the texture through the amount of water you use.
- Add tahini, olive oil and lemon juice, blend everything for a final time.
- CBD oil, tincture or extract. The best way to incorporate CBD oil is to mix it with other oils (olive oil, in our case). Be careful when using CBD tinctures, as they usually contain taste-enhancing substances like essential oils or herbs that might not go well with the hummus taste.
- CBD isolate. Before adding CBD powder, dissolve it in water (water after boiling chickpeas can be used, but make sure to cool it as the heat might affect the CBD’s properties).
Presented guidelines to make CBD-infused hummus may help you enjoy this dish as well as experience the possible benefits of CBD.
One study suggests that it can improve the quality of your diet and decrease the risk of a number of diseases. Infusing CBD into your hummus may increase its potential benefits; however, we highly recommend you consult your doctor before taking cannabidiol.