Vegan CBD Carrot Cake
Would you like to get more CBD recipes? We’re bringing them all to you! Today we are going to guide you through the process of making an incredible vegan CBD carrot cake. Carrots are one of those ingredients that have a rich historical background and are used as an alternative to sugar all around the world. So, let’s see how you can experience the benefits of this vegetable as well as potential those of CBD. Without further ado, let’s get to it.
Step 1 — Preparation: ingredients
We recommend that you stick to the following ingredients when you bake this cake for the first time. You can play around with ingredients and their masses/volumes afterwards. Also, don’t forget to measure out the CBD or CBD-infused ingredients carefully.
- ½ tsp. (3 g) of ground cinnamon;
- 7 g of active dry yeast;
- 200 g of flour;
- 60 g of crushed walnuts;
- 80 g of sugar;
- 2-3 pinches of salt;
- 250 g of peeled and grated carrots;
- 120 ml of soya milk (feel free to use any other plant-based milk);
- 100 ml of vegetable oil (or coconut oil)*;
- 2 tsp. (12 ml) of CBD oil or CBD tincture*.
- 100 g of vegan butter of your choice;
- 3-4 tbsp. (53-71 g) of sugar powder;
- 1 tsp. (6 ml) of vanilla extract;
- 4 tbsp. (71 ml) of low-fat oat or coconut milk.
* The last two ingredients can be replaced with CBD-infused butter. To learn how to make it, check out this article.
Step 2 — Directions:
To get the best results, simply follow these directions.
- Preheat the oven to 150 °C.
- Mix all the dry ingredients (flour, cinnamon, yeast, sugar and salt).
- Mix the milk with vegetable (or coconut) oil of your choice in a separate bowl. Add CBD oil or tincture, mix everything, and gently add them to the dry ingredients using a spatula.
- Finally, add the grated carrots and nuts. Mix everything thoroughly.
- Line the mould with butter or parchment paper if necessary. Pour the mixture into the mould and bake for about one hour.
- While the cake is baking, let’s not lose a second and make the frosting. Add all the frosting ingredients together and mix with a hand blender until they are creamy. Leave the cream in the refrigerator so that it gets a nice firm texture.
- Let the cake cool for 10-20 minutes before removing it from the mould.
- Decorate the top of the cake with the frosting, nuts and grated carrot and … bon appétit!
The end result is a delicious CBD-infused vegan carrot cake that is the perfect solution for your tea or coffee dessert with friends or family.
This carrot cake is another recipe you can try to infuse CBD into your diet and experience the potential benefits of cannabidiol in a tasty way. However, don’t forget to consult with your doctor before taking CBD. If everything is alright, happy cooking! If you want more appetising CBD recipes, or if you have any questions about the topics on our blog, please don’t hesitate to contact our team of professionals. Share your experiences with us!